Thursday, November 13, 2008

The gates are closed....

heaven, is it real? And if so, is Hell real? How do you believe in the idea of heaven and Hell?

Do you think that a person who believes in heaven has an easier time coping with death than those whom do not believe? Why?

Final question...The idea of "predestination" was brought alive in the 1700's. The idea of predestination was that a person is born with G_d's intentions of that person already predetermined if that person was going to heaven or Hell, no matter the life he or she lives on Earth. How do you think those whom the church accused those whom were "Hell-goers" lived their life with the "knowledge" of their fiery destination in the after life?

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Personally I don't believe in heaven. I mean it's a cute little bed time story that you may enjoy to make yourself feel better, but nothing more. Hell,that's the one I have the biggest issue with. Supposedly from what I've heard god loves us, he created us as a pert of him blah blah blah. Then why in the world would he create a place were he will torture and kill you over and over again for eternity? He will forgive anyone as long as they ask for it, yet there is this place for people who don't deserve it? As far as I can tell both heaven and hell have been used by religious institutions as means by which controlling the majority. Promises of salvation have lead many men to die in wars, and threats of hell have subdued cowards into giving up their opinions and beliefs.


I guess they have a better time coping with death because they
see heaven as a way of returning to
their loves ones and finally meeting their creator. Although for people who don't believe in heaven or hell, things are as equally good. Maybe I'm only speaking for myself, but in not looking towards death, I feel as if I'm living life much more. People who look towards afterlife as method of escaping this "horrible world" don't live in the now, they live in the future, in daydreams about myths that are now seen as truth.

I believe that these "hell-goers" lived the same way anyone who is accused of something would, the same way they always have. Do you really think if I told you that you were going to hell, you would believe me and start trying to do as many things as possible before your horrible end? OR would you not believe and continue to live in a way in which made you feel good about yourself and how you have affected others?