Thursday, December 18, 2008

"In the Ghetto"

Life in the ghetto is obviously not easy.If you had to live in the ghetto alone, what would be your main priority, your goal? There's a answer in particular that I'm looking for. Many rappers rap about life in the ghetto, but many rappers also rap about getting out of the ghetto.... Is it likely? Why or why not?

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Main priority would be getting out wouldn't it? Or at least trying to improve my way of life through means that wouldn't get me caught up in something sketchy. It is likely to get out, there's people, like some rapers, who have proven that. Anything we passionately want to obtain can be reached. I think if those people who got out of ghettos came back to improve those places where they had once lived, then maybe there would be less people struggling to escape the place that watched them grow.

Saad said...

The main goal is to improve your life if you are stuck in the ghetto and thats why rappers are always referring to it.Take Rick Ross for example.He grew up in the ghetto and finally made it big and he went right back to help his family and friends still there.

Gaby said...

Well isn't it obvious what the common goal would be? Get out! As soon as you could. Of course it's easy for me to say that because I've never been in the situation and I am sure it's not as easy as it sounds. But, I would definitely try my hardest to save up my own money (if I'm living in the ghetto my family doesn't have much money to give me)and move somewhere safer and less threatening, where opportunity for a successful life presents itself.